Tel: 020 7188 7903 / 020 7188 4244 (secretary)
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 020 7188 4271
Area of expertise: medical oncology
Tumour group speciality: testicular germ cell, prostate, renal (kidney), bladder cancerand acute oncology
Sarah qualified from St Bartholomew's and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2001, having previously obtained a biochemistry BSc and molecular biology PhD. She completed her initial training as a general physician in 2004 and gained Membership of the Royal College of Physicians.
Sarah started her oncology training in 2006 initially as part of the North London Medical Oncology training programme and latterly as an academic clinical lecturer returning to Guy's and St Thomas'.
She was appointed as a consultant medical oncologist here in March 2012. At present she manages all urological malignancies and is the lead clinician for the management of testicular germ cell tumours and acute oncology.
Education and training
- March 2012 - present: consultant medical oncologist, Guy’s and St Thomas’
- April 2008 - May 2011: academic clinical lecturer in translational oncology - Guy’s and St Thomas’ in association with King’s College, London
- March 2006 - March 2008: specialist registrar in medical oncology, north London training programme incorporating University College Hospital, Royal Free Hospital, and North Middlesex Hospitals
- August 2005 - March 2006: clinical fellow in oncology and haematology, Guy's and St Thomas’
- February 2005 - August 2005: senior house officer in oncology, Guy's and St Thomas’
- September 1997 – June 2001: MBBS with Distinction in Paediatrics - St Bartholomew’s & The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- September 1992 - September 1996: PhD in Molecular Cell Biology, Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge - ‘The Role of Insulin-like growth factor I in Human Hair Follicle Growth and Differentiation’. Conducted within the Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Addenbrookes Hospital
- June 1992: BSc (Hons) Biochemistry (Toxicology) - upper second class - University of Surrey, Guildford
- Epidemiology of prostate cancer
- September 2010 – present: Dana Farber Cancer Institute/ Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA. This comprised an initial two month fellowship period of clinical observation and project planning and initiation of collaborative projects with the Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology under the guidance of Professors Christopher Sweeney and Philip Kantoff and the Harvard School of Public Health under the guidance of Dr Lorelei Mucci.
- April 2008 – March 2012: IgE immunotherapy of solid tumours: a novel model targeting folate receptor with MOv18 IgE. This ongoing project aims to evaluate the in vitro and in vivo safety of MOv18 IgE prior to its first exposure in man in a planned two stage phase 1 trial at Guy’s Hospital.