Tel:020 7188 4931
Secretary email: email@example.com
Area of expertise: cardiology, atrial fibrillation, arrhythmias, palpitations.
Matthew Wright trained at UCL after being selected for the prestigious MB PhD programme. He specialised in cardiology and electrophysiology. Following training at Oxford, The Hammersmith and St Mary's, he spent two years at the world-renowned arrhythmia centre in Bordeaux, with Prof. Haissaguerre, Jais and Hocini. He has published over 100 scientific papers and books and is regularly asked to speak at major international meetings. He regularly performs 'live' AF ablation cases to teach European electrophysiologists.
He has ongoing research collaborations internationally and acts as a proctor to electrophysiologists in Europe and the Middle East.
Education and training
- 2014 Fellow Heart Rhythm Society
- 2011 - CCT Cardiology
- 2003 - MRCP (London)
- 2000 - MB BS University College of London Medical School, University of London
- 1999 - PhD, University of London
- 2011 - Consultant Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist, St Thomas’ Hospital, London
Dr Wright's specialist interest is in the management of patients with complex arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation, atrial tachycardia and ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation.
- Cardiac electrophysiology
- Pacemakers and implantable defibrillators
- General cardiology
- Atrial fibrillation
- Automated implantable cardiodefibrillators
- Biventricular pacing and heart failure
- Real time visualisation of ablation lesions
- Integration of imaging and electrophysiology
- Near field ultrasound to accurately assess transmural lesions during ongoing ablation
- Sir Thomas Lewis Cardiology Prize