Dr Irfan Ahmed, consultant interventional radiologist
Secretary: Steven Trowbridge
Tel: 020 7188 5550
Area of expertise: interventional and diagnostic radiology
Languages spoken: English and Urdu
Mr Irfan Ahmed qualified in 2000 from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School. After completing basic medical and then radiology training, he did a fellowship in interventional radiology at Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals followed by a fellowship at Barts and the London NHS Trust and an honorary fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
He was appointed as a consultant interventional radiologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in 2009.
Education and training
- FRCR - Royal College of Radiologists 2006
- MRCP - Royal College of Physicians London 2003
- MBBS - Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School 2000
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry & Basic Medical Science 1997
- uterine artery Eembolisation for fibroid symptoms and adenomyosis
- urological interventions
- arterial and Venous disease
- prostate Artery Embolisation
- vascular access in adults and children.
- FEMME trial – Uterine artery embolization for fibroid symptoms vs myomectomy
- UK ROPE study on prostate artery embolisation
- Lutonix registry for drug eluting balloons in peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- VIVO-EU Zilver Vena registry for venous obstructive disease.
- Best Educational Poster – British Society of Interventional Radiologists 2008
- Pfizer Prize – Elective research essay on breast feeding in the developing world 1999
- British Medical and Dental Elective Trust Prize 1999
- Distinction in Basic Medical Sciences - Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School 1994