Tel: 020 7188 5463
Area of expertise: interventional radiology, MR and CT angiography
Languages spoken: English and Tamil.
Narayan Karunanithy qualified in 1999 with honours from Guy's, King's and St Thomas' Medical School. After completing basic surgical and radiology training, he undertook fellowship training in interventional radiology at Imperial College London and musculoskeletal radiology at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
He was appointed consultant interventional radiologist in 2010, honorary senior lecturer in 2018 and served as clinical lead for interventional radiology 2016 to 2018.
Education and training
- MBBS (Hons.) - Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School 1999
- MRCS - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2002
- FRCR - Royal College of Radiologists 2008
- FCIRSE 2018
- Venous diseases
- Urology, renal, transplant and vascular access radiology in adults and children
- Magnetic resonance (MR) and computerised tomography (CT) angiography.
- Deputy Chief Investigator of the NIHR funded multicenter randomized controlled trial evaluating the benefit of novel haemodialysis access interventions
- Applications of non contrast and other MR angiographic techniques to image renal/peripheral arteries and deep veins
- Deep venous reconstruction for treatment of acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and chronic venous obstruction.
- Catheter based treatments for pulmonary emboli
- Certificate of Merit – Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Society Europe 2016
- Cook Young Interventional Radiologist Grant – GEST 2010
- Certificate of Merit - RSNA 2009
- Certificate of Merit – Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Society Europe 2008
- European Congress of Radiology Travel Award – Royal College of Radiologists 2008
- Mary Wilmer Prize in Paediatrics – Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School 1998
- Pathology Distinction – Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School 1997
- George Qvist Distinction in Anatomy – Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School 1995.