Tel: 020 7188 3044
Area of expertise: critical care medicine
Dr Duncan Wyncoll was appointed to Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust as a full-time intensive care consultant in 1999.
Apart from general clinical duties within the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), he also is involved in research involving blood products for critically ill patients and studies involved with infection prevention in the ICU.
He speaks both nationally and internationally on a wide range of intensive care related subjects.
Education and training
- London University
- Royal Brompton Hospital
- King’s College Hospital
- Royal London Hospital.
- infection prevention in ICU
- blood transfusion in critically ill patients
- ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention.
- transfusion based research
- infection prevention.
- Mackintosh Prize (1994) – for the highest marks achieved in the FRCA (Fellow of the the Royal College of Anaesthestists) examination.