Tel: 020 7188 3038
Area of expertise: critical care medicine, epidemiology medicine and statistics, data sciences and big data advanced analytics, telemedicine.
Dr Marius Terblanche has been a consultant in clinical care medicine at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2006.
As well as his clinical work, his other roles include:
- director, Centre for Critical Illness Data Sciences Research, Division of Health and Social Care Research, King’s College London
- implementation lead, ICU Telemedicine Programme, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- chair, Systematic Review Group and deputy chair, Technology and Health Informatics Working Group, European Society of Intensive Care Medicine
- associate researcher, Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre, London.
Education and training
- MSc in epidemiology (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine)
- PhD candidate (King’s College London)
- European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FFICM)
- MB ChB.
- The potential use of telemedicine technologies to improve patient outcomes.
- The use of data and technology in critical illness to understand complex systems, improve quality, and inform health policy
- Research methodology, trial design and statistics with an emphasis on observational studies and health services research.