Secretary tel: 020 7188 7188, ext 55262 and 54304
Area of expertise: hard and soft tissue dento-alveolar surgery, conscious sedation for dentistry, management of dental traumatic injuries
Mr David Baldwin was appointed as consultant in paediatric dentistry at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in September 2014. He is a graduate of the dental school at the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and spent time working in maxillofacial, oral surgery and children's dental training posts prior to specialisation.
David undertook his specialist training in paediatric dentistry at The Royal London Hospital, part of Barts Health NHS Trust between 2009 and 2014, whilst also completing a diploma in conscious sedation for dentistry at King's College London.
David is registered on the Paediatric Dentistry Specialist List with the General Dental Council.
Education and training
- MFDS RCSEd
- Diploma of Conscious Sedation for Dentistry
- MPaed Dent RCSEng
- FDS (Paed Dent) RCSEng.
- Hard and soft tissue dento-alveolar surgery
- Conscious sedation for dentistry
- Management of dental traumatic injuries
- Application of cone beam computed tomography (CT) in paediatric dentistry.