Secretary tel: 020 7188 1310
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Guy's Hospital
Farooq Ahmed was appointed as a consultant in orthodontics at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in October 2018.
Farooq gained his dental degree with honours from Manchester in 2009. He went on to have a variety of training jobs in restorative dentistry, oral surgery, children's dentistry and special care. Farooq entered orthodontics speciality training in 2012 in Manchester and Lancaster.
After completing his specialist training, Farooq did his consultant training at the Royal London Hospital.
Farooq is a member of the following professional organisations:
- Orthodontic Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Orthodontic Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthodontic Society
- General Dental Council – registered specialist in orthodontics.
Education and training
- Masters in Dental Public Health: Merit (2018) University of Manchester
- FDS Orth RCS England (2017)
- MOrth RCS England (2015)
- MSc Orthodontics: Distinction (2015), University of Manchester
- MJDF RCS Edinburgh (2009)
- BDS: Honours, University of Manchester (2009)
- Orthognathic treatment and management of craniofacial deformities
- Hypodontia and management of missing teeth
- Aligner orthodontics
- Lingual orthodontics
- Digital orthodontics
- Teaching and education
- J.K. Williams Gold Metal 2015: Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Best oral case presentation 2014: University of Manchester
- Audit prize: The British Orthodontic Societies