Secretary tel: 020 7188 7188 ext 55262 and 54304
Mina Vaidyanathan is a consultant in children's dentistry. She has been working at Guy's and St Thomas' for eight years and became consultant in April 2013.
Mina is on the Specialist List for children's dentistry.
Education and training
- ISFE examination in paediatric dentistry: Royal College of Surgeons. Tricollegiate examination (2011)
- Membership in paediatric dentistry: Royal College of Surgeons, London (2008)
- Masters in paediatric dentistry: King’s College, University of London (2007) Passed with Merit.
- MFDS:Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh (2004)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS): Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London (2002)
- Intercalated BSc (Hons) Experimental Pathology (First Class Honours): Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London (1998-1999)
- Antimicrobial properties of dentine bonding agents
- Dentoaveolar trauma - regeneration techniques
- Awarded Honorary Lectureship post at the Royal College of Surgeons, England for contribution to teaching and education at the Royal College (2009)
- Merit achieved in Masters in Paediatric Dentistry, King's College, University of London (2007)
- Distinction in Adult Dental Health in BDS final examinations (2002)
- Drapers Award – academic prize having achieved grades within the top 5% of the year, Queen Mary and Westfield College (2002)
- Runner-up in the student 'Colgate Prize' at the British Society for Dental Research Conference, presenting research on the effects of porphyromonas gingivalis on epithelial cells. Work presented at the British Society of Dental Research Conference in Lancaster (2000)
- Goldenburg Schamann Memorial Fund Scholarship. University of London. £3,000 bursary awarded for achievement of First Class Honours in Intercalated BSc (1998)