Sophia Shah, consultant orthodontist
Secretary tel: 020 7188 1310
Areas of expertise: craniofacial deformities, orthognathic treatment, lingual orthodontics
Languages spoken: English and German
Sophia Shah was appointed as a consultant in orthodontics at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust in July 2015. She graduated from the Dental Hospital at Cardiff University. Sophia undertook her specialist training at the Royal London Hospital between 2008 and 2013, whilst also working at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children between 2011-2013.
Prior to joining Guy's and St Thomas' she worked as a consultant orthodontist at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Sophia is associated with a number of professional bodies including:
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthodontic Society
- General Dental Council
- Dental Protection
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
Education and training
- FDS Orth RCSEd, 2013
- CILT, 2013
- MOrth RCSEd, 2011
- MSc Orth, 2010
- MFDS RCSEng, 2007
- BDS, 2004.
- Lingual orthodontics
- Orthognathic treatment and management of craniofacial deformities.