Secretary tel: 020 7188 6399
Area of expertise: children's dermatology, childhood eczema, allergy, vascular anomalies, urticaria, angioedema
Dr Carsten Flohr is a consultant dermatologist and reader. He studied at Cambridge and Oxford Universities, before training in children's medicine and adult and children's dermatology.
He was the first UK National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) clinician scientist in dermatology and now holds a senior NIHR Career Development Fellowship.
Education and training
- Medicine, Oxford University
- MSc in epidemiology - London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- Children's dermatology
- Vascular anomalies
Dr Carsten Flohr is an international expert on childhood eczema and its links with other allergic diseases. He also has a keen interest in evidence-based dermatology, dermato-epidemiology, and clinical trials.
Carsten is a steering committee member of the following:
- International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC)
- Promotion of Breastfeeding Intervention Trial (PROBIT)
- European Dermato-Epidemiology Network (EDEN)
- European Task Force for Atopic Dermatitis (ETFAD).
- The Skin Investigation Society Fellowship, 2009
- President’s Prize, Royal Society of Medicine Immunology Section, 2008
- Barry Kay Award for best clinical scientific research, British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2007
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellow, Oxford University, 2006 - 2007
- John Radcliffe Senior Research Fellow, Oxford University, 2004 - 2006
- Hugh Wallace Publication Prize, Royal Society of Medicine, 2005
- International Symposium of Atopic Dermatitis Young Investigator Award, 2005.