Katie Lacy - consultant dermatologist
Tel: 020 7188 6375
Area of expertise: skin cancer
Katie Lacy is the clinical lead for the melanoma unit. She also runs a specialist dedicated clinic for patients with multiple moles who are at high risk of developing melanoma and has extensive experience of the use of mole mapping and dermoscopy in order to identify suspicious skin lesions requiring removal.
She does a joint skin cancer genetics clinic for patients who have had multiple melanomas and their families in addition to other genetic conditions affecting the skin in adults.
Education and training
- FRCP (UK), 2012
- Honorary senior lectureship awarded King's College London, 2010
- Completion of specialist training in dermatology, 2008
- PhD Immunology (UCL, London), 2007
- MRCP (UK), 2000
- Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, MBBS, 1994 - 1997
- Pembroke College, Oxford University, BA Natural Sciences, first class hons, 1991 - 1994. MA awarded 1999.
- skin cancer
- skin imaging
- cutaneous immunology
immune responses to melanoma and their modulation within the skin
skin cancer imaging using dermoscopy, optical coherence tomography, confocal microscopy
the effects of ageing on cutaneous immunity