Area of expertise: geriatric and general internal medicine
James (Jim) Fleet trained in general internal, stroke and geriatric medicine in Leicester, southeast and central London and Perth, Australia.
He was appointed consultant physician in the Department of Ageing and Health at Guy's and St Thomas' in 2016.
Current clinical responsibilities include medical support to community rehabilitation teams, care homes, hospital at home teams and medical care of older people attending the emergency department.
- 2004 MBChB University of Leicester
- 2015 CCT in General Internal, Stroke and Geriatric Medicine 2015
- 2016 MSc Medical Education 2016 – Royal College of Physicians/UCL
- Community, care home and acute geriatrics
- Undergraduate and postgraduate medical education
- John Brocklehurst Prize for Clinical Effectiveness Poster. British Geriatrics Society Spring Meeting (2012)
- Dean’s list award for MSc Med Ed Thesis. UCL (2016).