Tel: 020 7188 2516
Area of expertise: acute and geriatric medicine, falls, dizziness and syncope assessment, mindfulness-based therapies.
Languages spoken: English, German
Thomas Ernst has been a consultant physician at St Thomas' since May 2006, working in the A&E department and in the elderly care unit.
He attends the specialist clinics for falls and syncope assessment, with a specialist interest in mindfulness-based therapies.
Education and training
- Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
- Edinburgh, south west England, Australia, London.
- syncope assessment
- neurogenic syncope (simple faints, dizzy spells)
- autonomic function
- mindfulness-based therapy approaches
- clinical medicine.
- mindfulness-based therapies
- neurogenic syncope (carotid sinus syndrome, recurrent simple faints, orthostatic hypotension)
- chronic fatigue
- postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.