Claire Hopkins, ENT consultant
Tel: 020 7188 2215
Claire Hopkins has a strong clinical and research training in all aspects of rhinology. She sees patients for any rhinological complaint from both the local community and tertiary referrals.
Claire provides a comprehensive service, including anterior skull base surgery in conjunction with the neurosurgical department at King’s College Hospital.
Education and training
- Undergraduate training, Oxford University
- Higher surgical training in ENT on South Thames rotation
- Research fellowship in the clinical effectiveness unit, Royal College of Surgeons
- Rhinology fellowship, Guy’s Hospital
- Facial plastics
- Anterior skull base surgery
- Martin Wronker Prize for Medicine, Oxford University
- Hobson memorial clinical scholarship
- Hiscox trainee of the year award
- RSM laryngology and rhinology research prize
- Cochrane collaboration / clinical otolaryngology prize
Doctorate of medicine thesis written on 'Outcome variation following sinonasal surgery'.
Current research projects include:
- trials for medical and surgical treatment of acute and chronic rhinosinusitis
- applications of patient-rated outcome measures in ENT surgery.
EPOS 2012: European position paper on rhinosinusitis and nasal polyps, The National Comparative Audit of England and Wales for Surgery for Chronic Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyposis