Area of expertise: rhinology, facial plastics and anterior skull base surgery
Languages spoken: English, Slovak, Czech and Dutch
Mr Pavol Surda is a consultant ENT surgeon covering the whole breadth of rhinology, with a specific focus on the management of advanced sinus surgery, nasal deformities and skull base surgery.
His postgraduate training took place in the UK, Czech Republic and the Netherlands. As a result, Pavol has a wealth of international experience and is fluent in English, Slovak, Czech and Dutch. After finishing his specialty training, he undertook two rhinology fellowships.
His professional interests align particularly with research and education. He is a regular faculty member on various instructional courses and has presented at multiple international conferences in his field around the world.
Education and training
- Higher surgical training took place in the UK, Czech Republic and the Netherlands
- Rhinology and facial plastics fellowship at St George’s University Hospital, London under Mr Abbad Toma
- Advanced rhinology and anterior skull base fellowship at the Academic Medical Centre University Hospital in Amsterdam under Prof. Wytske Fokkens
- Management of nasal deformities
- Anterior skull base surgery
- European Rhinologic Society travel grant
- Ilorin award of excellence
- Fair play prize, awarded by the Olympic Committee
- PhD research is primarily focused on rhinitis in athletes