Louise Izatt has more than 20 years' experience in cancer genetics. She became consultant at Guy’s in 2002 and is the local principal investigator for many collaborative cancer genetic studies. Her PhD thesis examined the role of ataxia telangiectasia mutated gene in early onset breast cancer. She:
- is a medical advisor to the Ataxia Telangiectasia Society
- advises on genetics and breast cancer for the Cancer Reform Strategy at the Department of Health
- contributes to the Advisory Committee for Breast Cancer Screening in England
- former member of the advisory group on Ionising Radiation for human radiosensitivity
- current member of Cancer Genetics steering committee
- Honorary lecturer in research at King’s College London, supervising a PhD research project investigating paragangliomas and phaeochromocytomas.