Tel: 0207 1881 364
Areas of expertise: cancer genetics, hereditary breast and ovarian cancer family service, genomics education, service development, psychosocial skills.
Vishakha Tripathi is a registered genetic counsellor and current chair of the Genetic Counsellor Registration Board (GCRB). She has worked in genetic counselling for 15 years. She currently leads the genetic counselling team, the HBOC family service and the Cancer Risk Assessment service (CRAS).
Vishakha is part of the Clinical Genetics operational team and senior leadership team. She has also worked as London representative to the Genomics Clinical Reference Group within NHS England.
Her specialist interests include service development and the use of advanced psychosocial skills in genetic counselling. She delivers and leads the cancer genetics course for healthcare professionals with colleagues from King’s College London.
Education and training
- Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Manipal University
- MSc Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Brunel University
- MSc Genetic Counselling, Cardiff University
- Leadership and Management in the NHS, Birkbeck, University of London
- Mentoring course, Open University
- Advanced psychosocial genetic counselling skills, Open University
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian cancer (HBOC family service)
- Cancer genetics
- Genetic and genomic counselling
- Implementation and strategy within the NHS.