Tel: 0207 1881 364
Areas of expertise: Cancer Genetics, BRCA Family Service, Genomics education, service development, psychosocial skills
Vishakha Tripathi is a registered genetic counsellor and deputy chair of the Genetic Counsellor Registration Board (GCRB). She has worked in genetic counselling for 15 years. She currently leads the cancer genetic counselling team, the BRCA family service and the Cancer Risk Assessment service (CRAS).
Her specialist interests include service development and the use of advanced psychosocial skills in genetic counselling. She delivers and leads the cancer genetics course for healthcare professionals with colleagues from King’s College London.
Education and training
- Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Manipal University
- MSc Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Brunel University
- MSc Genetic Counselling, Cardiff University
- Leadership and Management in the NHS, Birkbeck, University of London
- Mentoring course, Open University
- Advanced psychosocial genetic counselling skills, Open University
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian cancer (BRCA family service)
- Cancer Genetics
- Genetic and Genomic Counselling
- She is the PI for the BRCA Protect research study at Guy’s.