Deepti Radia, consultant haematologist
Tel: 020 7188 3423
Senior medical secretary: Susan Wilson
Area of expertise: myeloproliferative disorders (MPDs)
Deepti Radia, Bsc, MBBS, MRCPI, FRCPath, MSc Med Ed, became a consultant here in February 2003. She works with Claire Harrison in the management of patients with myeloproliferative disorders (MPDs) and manages general haematology referrals with Susan Robinson. This includes a rapid access anaemia service.
Deepti is the lead clinician for the chronic myeloid leukaemia and systemic mastocytosis services. The mastocytosis service accepts referrals from across the UK and has a number of landmark trials open.
Deepti is actively involved in postgraduate medical training and is training programme director for the Guy's and St Thomas' rotation, Chair of the London Specialist Training Committee and the National Specialist Advisory Committee in Haematology.
Education and training
- Undergraduate medical training, Royal London Hospital
- Postgraduate SHO training, Barts and The London NHS Trust
- Postgraduate haematology training, Guy’s and St Thomas’
- Myeloproferative disorders (MPDs): essential thrombocythaemia, erythrocytosis, myelofibrosis and hypereosinophilic syndromes
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Systemic mastocytosis
- General haematology –a naemia/ITP/hereditary haemachromatosis
- Postgraduate medical education
- Translational research with clinical trials in topics listed above
- Principle investigator for CML-SPIRIT 2 trial; aggressive systemic mastocytosis – midostaurine trial and MPN-SAF study
- Co-investigator for multiple MPD trials publications
See some of our upcoming haematology clinical trials (Powerpoint 251Kb)