Tel: 020 7188 2900
Area of expertise: myeloma and plasma cell disorders
Matthew Streetly, B.Med.Sci, BM, BS; MRCP(UK), FRCPath, PhD, has been a consultant at our hospital since 2008. He is the clinical lead for myeloma/plasma cell disorders and a member of the haemato-oncology inpatient attending team looking after inpatients with myeloma, lymphoma and leukaemia.
Matthew has a special interest in the use of novel therapies for patients with myeloma and is the principal investigator on multiple clinical trials.
Matthew is a member of the UK myeloma forum guidelines writing group and a special trustee of the British Society of Haematology. He has published widely on myeloma and related disorders and is an invited speaker at national and international meetings.
Education and training
- Undergraduate training – University of Nottingham
- Postgraduate haematology training – Guy's and St Thomas’
- PhD investigating novel compounds in myeloma / myeloma apoptosis – Queen Mary, University of London
- Myeloma and other plasma cell disorders (Amyloidosis, MGUS)
- Stem cell transplant
- Clinical trials for novel therapies for myeloma
- Myeloma diagnostics and biomarkers