Secretary: Sarah Huthwaite
Secretary tel: 020 7188 5708
Area of expertise: kidney
Paramit Chowdhury qualified from King's College School of Medicine and dentistry in 1992. He trained in nephrology in the South Thames region with posts at Guy's, King's College and Kent and Canterbury hospitals.
Paramit joined Guy's as a consultant in 2006. He is the clinician supervising care at the Camberwell dialysis satellite unit and also has outpatient clinics in general nephrology and transplantation. He jointly runs clinics for transitional care and pre-pregnancy counselling for renal patients. He is the lead clinican for renal biopsy. Paramit is also one of three clinicians providing renal services to Guernsey.
In 2008 he was awarded a PhD from the University of London for research into the role of Toll-like receptors in renal inflammation and fibrosis with Professors Neil Sheerin and Steve Sacks. He continues to remain an active researcher being part of a group aiming to identify new biomarkers to guide therapy following renal transplantation.
- transitional care
- pre-pregnancy counselling.
Education and training
- King's College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, 1992.
- MRCP (UK), 1997
- Trained in nephrology on the South Thames SpR training scheme with specialist registrar posts in renal units at: Kent and Canterbury, King's College Hospital, Guy's Hospital.
- biomarkers and immune surveillance following transplantation
- complement and innate immunity in renal disease and transplantation.