Secretary: Carissa WaltersDr-Patrick-Murphy
Secretary tel: 020 7188 7727
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: chronic respiratory failure, non-invasive ventilation, sleep disordered breathing
Dr Patrick Murphy graduated from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London School of Medicine in 2002 and continued his medical training in London apart from a period of intensive care training in Sydney, Australia.
He spent four years completing a PhD at the Lane Fox Respiratory Service, St Thomas' Hospital, working with the London Respiratory Muscle Group on respiratory muscle physiology and non-invasive ventilation.
He was appointed a consultant at the Lane Fox Respiratory Service in 2014 and honorary senior lecture at King's College London in 2015.
Education and training
- PhD, 2014
BSc (Hons), 1999
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Sleep medicine
- Physiology of chronic respiratory failure
- Mechanisms of action of non-invasive ventilation
- Clinical trials in non-invasive ventilation in chronic respiratory failure in obesity and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- International Travel Grant - critical care - American Thoracic Society Symposium (2011)
- Travel Grant - NIV and critical care - European Respiratory Society Symposium (2010).