Secretary tel: 020 7188 3226
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of expertise: pain medicine and neuromodulation
Languages spoken: English and Arabic
Mr Adnan Al-Kaisy is the clinical lead and consultant at the pain management and neuromodulation centre at Guy’s and St Thomas' Hospital. He trained in chronic pain medicine at The Walton Centre, Liverpool for Neurology and Neurosurgery and has a fellowship in Chronic Pain Management at University of Toronto Hospital.
Adnan is vice chair of the World Institution of Pain UK and Ireland and chair of the Hands on Workshop at Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital.
Adnan was voted the hospital doctor of the year for the category of pain management in 2001.
Education and training
- Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice, World Institution of Pain 2009
- FPMRCA, Royal College of Anaesthetists, England 2007
- Honorary Research Associate, Neurological Science/Walton Centre 1998
- Fellowship in Pain, Toronto University, Canada 1997
- National Board of Medical Examiners, USA 1995
- FRCA, Royal College of Anaesthetists, England 1994
- MB Ch B, Basrah University, Iraq 1983
- management of spine and neuropathic pain
- neuromodulation - spinal cord stimulation for failed back surgery syndrome
- nerve lesion
- sacral nerve stimulation for bowel and bladder functional disorder.
- high frequency spinal cord stimulation for back and neuropathic pain
- dorsal root ganglion stimulation for neuropathic pain.
- Hospital Doctor Award, 2001
- Best Free Paper Competition, Society of Anaesthesia “respirator effects of low dose bupivacaine interscalene block”, 1997
- Registrars Prize, Best Free Paper Competition, Society of Anaesthetists “capnography and the laryngeal mask airway”, 1995.