Aina Greig, consultant plastic surgeonSecretary: Karen Richards
Secretary telephone: 020 7188 5137
Area of expertise: plastic surgery and children's plastic surgery
Languages spoken: English, Norwegian, French
Aina Greig is a consultant plastic surgeon. She graduated from Cambridge University with the Surgery Prize and gained a PhD in Anatomy from University College London. Aina trained in plastic surgery on the Pan Thames Training Programme, London. She did Craniofacial Fellowships at New York University Langone Medical Center, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, and a Fellowship in Breast Surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital. She did the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery International Fellowship.
Aina is a member of the Rhinoplasty Society, European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery and British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
Education and training
- Cambridge University
- PhD in Anatomy, University College London
- Plastic surgery training - Pan Thames Training Programme, London.
- Craniofacial Fellowships - New York University Langone Medical Center, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- Fellowship in Breast Surgery - Royal Marsden Hospital.
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery International Fellowship
- Vascular anomalies MDT chair
- Children's plastic surgery trauma lead
- Children's plastic surgery clinical governance lead
- Children's dermatopathology MDT member
- Microtia MDT member
- Plastic surgery laser service – both adult and children
- Plastic surgery transition service for young adults and teenagers
- Congenital breast transition service.
Other areas of interest:
- facial surgery
- fat grafting
- scar management
- scar revisions
- skin lesions
- complex wounds
- tissue expanders
- distraction osteogenesis
- male and female breast surgery.
- Co-chief Investigator on the NINJA multicentre randomised controlled trial on nail bed injuries.
- NINJA trial - pump priming grant, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Prize
- Arris and Gale Lectureship, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- John Calder Medal, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Simpson Surgical Research Fellowship, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Wellcome Trust Fellowship
- University of Cambridge Surgery Prize.