Secretary: Elizabeth Grace
Tel: 020 7188 5135
Area of expertise: plastic surgery
Jian Farhadi has a special interest in reconstructive surgery of the breast. His expertise is in microsurgical reconstruction using own tissue from the thigh and buttocks area.
Jian is the founder and a trustee of Bra Foundation, a registered charity to raise awareness about breast reconstruction options.
Education and training
- Graduation - University of Basel
- General surgery - University Hospital Bern
- Plastic surgery - University Hospital Basel, 2005
- Associate Professor University of Basel, 2007
- Reconstructive breast surgery
- Lower limb reconstruction
- Reconstruction following gynaecological and colorectal cancers
- Abdominal wall reconstruction for complex hernias
Lead for research and development of plastic surgery, ENT, orthopaedic and emergency.
Jian Farhadi runs a number of clinical projects on the subject of breast reconstruction. His major projects are:
- virtual planning in own tissue breast reconstruction in collaboration with King’s College London
- division of medical imaging and the use of heat on breast skin prior to mastectomy in order to reduce skin flap necrosis. This is a translational research.
- Dirk Schaefer Research Prize, 2007
- Medidaprix finalist, 2005
- Research Prize of Swiss Society in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2003
- Prize of Swiss Society for Clinical Nutrition, 2003
- Grand Global Award for craftsmanship, 2001