Secretary: Elizabeth Grace
Tel: 020 7188 5135
Area of expertise: plastic surgery
Professor Jian Farhadi is an internationally renowned plastic surgeon. He graduated at the University of Basel. His training took him from Switzerland to Yale University and eventually to London, where he was appointed as a consultant surgeon.
Jian is a specialist in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. As a microsurgeon, he provides all types of reconstructions, including DIEP, SGAP, TUG, PAP and LAP flaps. He performs over 180 microsurgical breast reconstructions a year. He has focused in the use of fat in cosmetic breast surgery with a special interest in corrective surgeries after previous breast surgery.
Jian is actively involved in research on breast augmentation and breast reconstruction and is invited regularly to international meetings as a lecturer. He is chairman of the London Breast Meeting and a reader at the faculty of medicine at the University of Basel in Switzerland.
He is the founder and a trustee of Bra Foundation, a registered charity to raise awareness of options in breast reconstruction for women facing mastectomy.
Education and training
- Graduation - University of Basel
- General surgery - University Hospital Bern
- Plastic surgery - University Hospital Basel, 2005
- Associate Professor University of Basel, 2007
Professor Farhadi has focused his clinical practice, research activity and teaching in the last 15 years on all aspects of aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. He has therefore gained in depth experience and can offer all aspects of procedures.
Lead for research and development of plastic surgery, ENT, orthopaedic and emergency.
Jian Farhadi runs a number of clinical projects on the subject of breast reconstruction. His major projects are:
- virtual planning in own tissue breast reconstruction in collaboration with King’s College London
- division of medical imaging and the use of heat on breast skin prior to mastectomy in order to reduce skin flap necrosis. This is a translational research.
- Dirk Schaefer Research Prize, 2007
- Medidaprix finalist, 2005
- Research Prize of Swiss Society in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2003
- Prize of Swiss Society for Clinical Nutrition, 2003
- Grand Global Award for craftsmanship, 2001