Secretary tel: 020 7188 6064
Area of expertise: health psychology
Dr Jennifer Hare became a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' in 2018. She leads the dental psychology service, within Guy’s Dental Hospital; providing advice for patients with dental phobia, chronic oro-facial pain and orthognathic surgical assessments.
Jen contributes to the teaching of dentists within the Trust and nationally for the Society of the Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry (SAAD), promoting the role of psychological perspectives for anxiety management and risk screening among patients.
Her research interests include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for dental fear, including the use of virtual reality (VR) for exposure in the treatment of dental phobia.
Education and training
- Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT, Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London
- Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology, Staffordshire University
- MSc Health Psychology, University of Nottingham
- BSc Psychology, University of Warwick
- Dental anxiety and phobia
- Anxiety related to health behaviour and health care settings
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for dental phobia
- Virtual reality exposure therapy (VRET) for dental fear
- Dentist communication and screening of psychological risk factors
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPS)