Tel: 020 7188 5875
Area of expertise: rheumatology
Frances Williams is a reader at King's College London and an honorary consultant in rheumatology at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
- Fellow Royal College Physicians of Edinburgh, 2007
- PhD, University of London, 2002
- Member Royal College of Physicians, 1995
- MBBS Imperial College (distinction in clinical pharmacology), 1992
- BSc clinical sciences (first), 1991.
- intervertebral disc degeneration and low back pain
- osteoporosis and vertebral fracture
- chronic pain syndromes.
Frances uses genetic genetic and epidemiological studies in TwinsUK volunteers as well as patients to understand better the basis for common conditions such as back pain, age-related hearing impairment and fibromyalgia.