Frances Williams, reader and honorary consultant rheumatologist
Tel: 020 7188 5875
Area of expertise: rheumatology
Frances Williams is a professor at King's College London and an honorary consultant in rheumatology at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
- Fellow Royal College Physicians of Edinburgh, 2007
- PhD, University of London, 2002
- Member Royal College of Physicians, 1995
- MBBS Imperial College (distinction in clinical pharmacology), 1992
- BSc clinical sciences (first), 1991.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration and low back pain
- Osteoporosis and vertebral fracture
- Chronic pain syndromes
Frances performs genetic and epidemiological studies in TwinsUK and UK Biobank volunteers as well as patients to understand better the genetic basis for common conditions such as back pain, age-related hearing impairment and fibromyalgia. It is hoped this work will shed light on biological pathways and suggest targets for novel therapies.