Secretary: Petra Knight
Secretary tel: 0207 188 4447
Secretary email: Petra.Knight@gstt.nhs.uk
Area of expertise: knee surgery
After attaining an honours degree, Mr Ajuied went on to further qualify as a Doctor in 1998 from the Guy's and St Thomas' medical school.
While in training, Mr Ajuied completed a postgraduate Masters degree, and has been appointed a senior honorary clinical lecturer in trauma and orthopaedics.
Mr Ajuied has travelled and worked in many countries, from Belgium to South Africa. These travels have included, both specialist fellowship training and charitable work. In 2008, Mr Ajuied worked in South Africa (University Hospital of Witwaterstrand, Johannesburg), where he held an appointment as an Honorary Consultant.
Mr Ajuied also lectures and instructs nationally and internationally on topics relating to Knee surgery, training hundreds of other surgeons every year.
Education and training
- BSc (Hons) Radiological Sciences, Guy's and St Thomas' United Medical and Dental Schools of (UMDS), 1995
- FRCS (trauma and orthopaedics), Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2007
- MSc (trauma and orthopaedics), University of Brighton, 2009
- MBBS, Guy’s and St Thomas' United Medical and Dental Schools of (UMDS), 1998
- Meniscus repair
- Knee fracture
- Anterior cruciate ligament
- Knee arthroscopy
- ACL reconstruction
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Revision ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament)
- Knee dislocation
- Tendon injuries
- Knee arthritis
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Knee replacement
- HTO (High Tibial Osteotomy)
- Knee cap pain
- Knee ski injury
- Royal College of Physicians: Oscar Reginald Lewis Wilson scholarship
- Royal College of Pathology: Zeneca Pharmaceuticals award for pathology
- University of London: Convocation Trust's award
- British Diabetic Association: Research award
- British Medical and Dental Students Trusts': Elective award
- Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals: Research prize
- United Medical and Dental Schools: Louis Jenner Bursary for pathology
- United Medical and Dental Schools: Public Health Medicine, Student elective prize
- United Medical and Dental Schools: Enid Linder Foundation Elective Bursary
While in clinical practice, Mr Ajuied has developed a number of care innovations. These include: new surgical techniques, devices and rapid rehabilitation programmes for patients undergoing knee surgery.