Secretary: Matylda Madej
Secretary tel: 020 7188 4467
Area of expertise: cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
Languages spoken: English and German
Mr Bahram Fakouri graduated from the medical school of the University of Düsseldorf/Germany in 1996 and qualified as a Neurosurgeon (Facharzt Neurochirurgie) from the Jung-Stilling-Krankenhaus, a teaching hospital of the University of Bonn/Germany, in 2003.
He was appointed as a consultant spinal surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2009. Previoulsy he was employed as a consultant spinal surgeon in Klinik am Ring in Cologne Germany, attended a few major spinal fellowships, including the spinal fellowship at the Centre for Spinal Surgery and Study in Nottingham in 2008 and a spinal fellowship at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in 2009.
Education and training
- neurosurgical training in Siegen Germany, 1997-2003
practical year (SHO) Staedtische Kliniken Duisburg Germany, 1996-1997
Medical School (Cologne and Duesseldorf in Germany), 1989-1996.
- management of the lumbar and cervical disc herniations, cervical spondylotic myelopathy and spinal stenosis
- minimal invasive operations
- adult spinal deformity
- vertberal fractures
- spinal tumours
- spinal metastases
- infection of the spine
- various spinal injections
- degenerative cervical and lumbar spine pathologies.