Panagiotis LiantisEmail: email@example.com
Secretary: Ruth Mah
Secretary tel: 020 7188 4468
Area of expertise: cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
Languages spoken: English, German and Greek
Panagiotis Liantis is a consultant spinal surgeon treating all conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
He completed fellowships in orthopaedic and neurosurgical spine surgery at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UCLH and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Drawing on both his orthopaedic and neurosurgical spinal background to form a highly specialised opinion, Panagiotis works closely with physiotherapists and pain physicians, especially for patients who do not require surgery.
Panagiotis is interested in academia having obtained a PhD in orthopaedics, a bachelor in educational studies and is the spine fellowship director at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, teaching spinal trainees and medical students.
He is an invited speaker at international congresses and faculties on the training of minimal invasive techniques and is a member of the British Association of Spine Surgeons (BASS), AO Spine Foundation, Society of Lateral Access Surgeon (SOLAS) and the North American Spine Society (NASS).
Education and training
- MBBS medical school, University of Athens
- Specialty in orthopaedics, Préfecture of Athens
- PhD in orthopaedics, Kapodistriako University of Athens
- Bachelor in education, teaching diploma accreditation, University of Teaching Athens
- Spinal fellow in paediatric deformity, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Spinal fellow, orthopaedic department, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
- Spinal fellow, department of neurosurgery, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, UCLH
- Neck pain, back pain and sciatica.
- Spinal deformities (scoliosis, kyphosis, and spondylolisthesis), tumours, infection and spinal trauma.
- Spinal injections, spinal decompressions and discectomies to complex anterior, lateral and posterior fusions (ALIF, OLIF, XLIF, TLIF, disc replacement)
- Minimally invasive and microscopic spinal surgery
- Clinical coding champions award 2017, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital