Secretary: Patrick Tall
Secretary email: email@example.com
Tel: 020 7188 6796
Professor Prokar Dasgupta MD FRCS (Urol) offers a wide range of urological services and has particular special interests in minimally invasive surgery and robotics. He has also pioneered a technique for botulinum toxin injection into the bladder for the treatment of overactive bladders and has extensive academic and research interests.
Since his appointment at Guy's in 2002, he has overseen the acquisition and introduction of robotic surgery using the da Vinci surgical system within the Trust. This system is now used to assist with:
- laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (prostate removal)
- nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- pyeloplasty (surgery to remove small blockages in the ureter)
- cystectomy (bladder removal)
He became professor of robotic surgery and urological innovation at King's College London and King's Health Partners in 2009. His academic department is based as the Medical Research Council (MRC) Centre for Transplantation, NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, King's College London, Guy's Hospital.
University of Calcutta.
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) and robotic-assisted surgery
- Botox treatment for overactive bladder