Lucy Chappell, consultant obstetricianSecretary: Alice Gem
Tel: 020 7188 7905
Area of expertise: maternal medicine.
Lucy Chappell is a consultant obstetrician specialising in women with medical problems in pregnancy.
She is a clinical academic at King’s College London, researching pregnancy hypertension (including pre-eclampsia and chronic hypertension) and cholestasis of pregnancy. She undertakes clinical research, including observational studies and randomised controlled trials.
Education and training
- St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School
- University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine
- King’s College London (PhD).
- Systemic lupus erythematosus/ antiphospholipid syndrome in pregnancy
- thrombophilias in pregnancy
- hypertension in pregnancy
- cholestasis of pregnancy.
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- cholestasis of pregnancy
- clinical trials in pregnancy.