Tel: 020 7188 2695/6875
Areas of expertise: Screening for gynaecological malignancy and pre invasive disease cervix and vulva. Management of ovarian, endometrial, cervical and vulval cancer.
Rahul graduated in medicine from the University of Wales, and progressed his training in obstetrics and gynaecology in the West Midlands and in London.
He developed an interest in cancer early in his career. He completed a research project studying the immunology of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection of the cervix in normal women, those with abnormal cervical smears and with systemic lupus erythematosus at King’s College, London resulting in a MD degree.
Rahul trained as a specialist in gynaecological oncology and was appointed as a consultant gynaecological oncologist in 2006. He was lead clinician for gynaecology (2012 – 2014), and is presently clinical director for women’s services and joint clinical academic group lead for King’s Health Partners. He maintains a busy clinical practice.
Education and training
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacology, University of Wales 1991
- MB BCh, University of Wales College of Medicine 1992
- MRCOG, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2002
- MD thesis, University of London, 2006
- CCT Dual accreditation, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gynaecological Oncology 2006
- Best Poster presentation, International Papillomavirus meeting, North Carolina 1999
- Best Poster presentation, Combined British and Dutch Gynaecological Cancer Meeting, Amsterdam 2000
- Best Oral presentation, O&G trainees scientific presentations, 2002
- CARE award for Clinical care, Guy’s and St Thomas Trust, 2011
- Human Papillomavirus
- Pre invasive disease of the cervix and vulva
- Clinical management of ovarian and endometrial cancer
- Sentinal node surgery for vulval cancer