We accept referrals for patients with a cancer diagnosis and whose main treatment is at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
We see people for up to 1 year after their main treatment. We consider referrals after 1 year if there is a special need.
We'll phone the patient within 6 weeks of receiving a routine referral.
Most of our therapies need a referral from a health professional.
GPs and other health professionals can email us to request a referral form.
We send all incomplete referrals back so please check with us if you need any advice.
Please make sure you:
- complete the referral form with as much detail as possible
- include details about diagnosis and stage of cancer
- include a clear reason for making a referral and why you think we can help with your patient's wellbeing
If referring a family member or carer to our weekly relaxation sessions, we need:
- full name
- date of birth
- phone number
We prioritise referrals if your patient:
- has chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting or peripheral neuropathy
- has problems that interfere with or prevent them having cancer treatment
- is likely to have less than 6 months to live
Last updated: March 2022