Making a referral
All referrals must be submitted using the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS).
Our rapid access eye service is now a referral and booked service for acute eye emergencies only.
If your condition is urgent, please call our eye casualty telephone service.
Phone: 020 7188 4336
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm
If you need urgent advice out of these hours, please call 111.
This service is for existing patients and those who live in south east London.
- your full name
- date of birth
- phone number
You'll be assessed and given the most appropriate appointment slot.
A clinician will aim to call you back within 1 hour.
This is not an examination. The telephone call is a chance for you to speak to an eye clinician to determine whether you need to attend our rapid access eye service
This service does not replace a full eye examination. You may be asked to come to hospital for a further examination.
- if you're under the care of another eye department or hospital, you must contact them for advice first
- if you live closer to another eye unit, we'll redirect you there
We may not see you if your condition is not an emergency.
If you're in immediate danger and require urgent help, dial 999.
This service is not for:
- general advice on minor conditions
- to discuss use of medicines
- to cancel or change upcoming appointments
Last updated: August 2022