Inherited heart (cardiac) conditions
Making a referral
We accept referrals from GPs, other hospitals and other teams at Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College hospitals.
All NHS GP referrals for inherited heart muscle conditions and inherited arrhythmia must be submitted using the NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS). Referrals sent by email or post from NHS GPs will not be processed.
Please choose the ICC option.
Please check the referral is appropriate using the directory of services. Attach the referral letter at the point of referral or within 24 hours. We'll review the referral and book your patient for a face-to-face or virtual consultant clinic appointment. A virtual appointment will also be made with our ICC specialist nurses.
You can use advice and guidance on e-RS if you need advice about making a referral.
GPs in south-east London can use the Consultant Connect service for advice.
Non GP and tertiary referrals
Please email us your referral.
For GPs using e-RS, please select the correct option to make the referral urgent.
For non GP and tertiary referrals please email us the referral and mark it as urgent in the email subject line.
Referrals should be made for:
- people with known inherited cardiac conditions not under follow up elsewhere
- people with suspected inherited cardiac conditions
- people who have survived an unexplained cardiac arrest
- first degree relatives (sibling, child or parent) of people with an inherited cardiac condition
- first degree relatives (sibling, child or parent) of people who have survived an unexplained cardiac arrest
- first degree relatives (sibling, child or parent) of individuals who have died from a suspected inherited cardiac condition, sudden arrhythmic death syndrome (SADS) or premature sudden cardiac death (less than 45 years old)
First degree relatives (sibling, child or parent) of people with confirmed inherited heart conditions can self-refer to the service. Please email our inherited cardiac conditions specialist nurses at [email protected] for a self-referral form.
For children's referrals (under 16), please visit the heart referrals page on the Evelina London website.
Referrals to Guy's and St Thomas'
Email: [email protected]
Address: department of cardiology, lower ground floor, block D, South Wing, St Thomas' Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH
Referrals to King's College Hospital
Email: [email protected]
Address: department of cardiology, Hambleden Wing, King's College Hospital, London SE5 9RS
Please address to Dr Nabeel Sheikh, Dr Antonio de Marvao, Dr Hannah Sinclair and/or Dr Mehdi Eskandari.
Last updated: September 2023