Hands up for Health
Hands Up for Health would not be the success that it is without the generous time, work and support of its volunteers.
Small group post-scenario debrief facilitated by healthcare professionalsVolunteer with us and help change young lives
We are always looking for healthcare staff and students to join out team of inspiring educators! If you would like to volunteer and engage with children and young people in a fun and interactive way, get in touch today. All are welcome to apply.
The key role of volunteers is to:Hands up for Health group
- assist with delivering the fun and interactive programme content
- engage children and young people in an interactive way
- teach and/or facilitate various clinical simulation activities.
Qualities and skills required
- enthusiasm, patience and confidence
- ability to encourage group participation and to approach individuals sensitively
- dependable, punctual and responsible
- able to work as a member of a team.
We welcome all inter-professional healthcare staff and students with or without simulation or teaching experience.
What to expect
- all relevant information regarding activities, scenarios and resources will be provided to volunteers in advance of each event
- no formal training is required
- all volunteers receive a certificate for their participation
- skills developed through voluntary work are transferable to many fields supporting career development
How to volunteer
Please complete and return the registration form (PDF 236Kb) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SaIL Centre will make all reasonable attempts to screen and verify volunteer applications.
You may be asked to provide evidence of any of the following:
- photo identification
- current employment / study
- valid disclosure and barring service (DBS) certificate
- safeguarding training completed.
When volunteering please specify whether you are available for a whole day or half a day (am or pm), and also what simulation and debriefing experience you may have.
New dates 2015-2016
We are currently recruiting for the dates below.
Harris Academy Peckham:
- Day 1: life skills BLS training in the school, Thursday 3 December 2015
- Day 2: sim day at the SaIL Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, Thursday 10 December 2015
- Sim day at the SaIL Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, Tuesday 19 January 2016
The Park Campus
- Sim day at the SaIL Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, Thursday 28 January 2016
St Saviour's and St Olave's School:
- Sim day at the SaIL Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, Tuesday 9 February 2016
- Sim day at the SaIL Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, Tuesday 8 March 2016
Saint Gabriel's College:
- Sim day at the SaIL Centre, St Thomas' Hospital, Friday 18 March 2016
Already a volunteer?
Please re-submit the new updated registration form (PDF 236Kb) to email@example.com.