Consultant vascular surgeon
Becky Sandford has been a consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust since 2016.
She performs all aspects of vascular and endovascular surgery. She established the emergency vascular clinic for urgent triage and treatment of vascular patients without the need for unnecessary hospital stays.
Her higher surgical training in both general and vascular surgery was based largely in Leicester, but also included time spent working as a volunteer surgeon in southern Malawi.
She continues to enjoy research links with the team in Malawi in addition to projects based closer to home.
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2013
- Vascular Fellowship on all aspects of vascular and endovascular surgey, Guys' and St Thomas'
- Vascular Fellowship on lower limb bypass, University Hospitals Birmingham
- MD on the genetic basis of abdominal aortic aneurysms, 2009
- Medicine and surgery (MBChB) with honours, Leicester Medical School, 2000
Last updated: January 2024