Consultant urological surgeon and clinical service lead
Claire Taylor is a urological surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust where she is clinical lead. She also works at King's College Hospital.
Claire is a member of the young onset urology (YOU) service and the pelvic floor service.
Education and training
- Training on bladder behaviour in children and adults with congenital or neurological abnormalities and reconstructive surgical techniques, Institute of Urology, University College London
- 1 year fellowship in children's urology, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Urology training, the north Thames rotation, London
- Qualified from King's College Hospital, London
Claire helps to run the functional urology unit at Guy's Hospital. The functional urology department takes part in both multi-centre national trials such as the MASTER trial as well as supporting clinical and scientific research within King's Health Partners.
- Markowitz prize for the best urological trainee, Institute of Urology, London, 2010
Claire's latest publication is: Impact on the lack of community urinary catheter care services on the emergency department. BJUInt 2016:118:327-334
Last updated: September 2022