Functional, reconstructive and neuro-urology
We're a leading specialist centre for people with bladder and urethra (the tube that carries pee from the bladder out of the body) conditions. This includes:
- urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- overactive bladder
- women’s stress urinary incontinence
- men’s post-prostate surgery incontinence
- urinary disorders related to neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis and spina bifida
- urinary complications from previous surgery, including synthetic mesh and vaginal tape
- injury or narrowing of the urethra needing reconstruction
- urethral diverticulum, a pocket or pouch that forms along the urethra
- urinary tract fistula
- bladder pain syndrome and interstitial cystitis
- complex problems with the lower urinary tract
We're one of the largest specialist services in London. We work with gynaecology, colorectal, children's urology and pain departments to jointly manage people with more complex conditions.
Our team includes
- specialist consultants
- specialist nurses
- clinical scientists
British Association of Urological Surgeons provides information for patients with urological conditions.
The NHS website has information about urinary incontinence and urinary tract infections (UTIs).
If you need to stay in hospital, you will usually stay on one of the specialist urology wards:
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.
Our teaching and research programme is internationally renowned. We're involved in a number of clinical trials to better understand bladder and urethra conditions.
You can also email [email protected] for more information.