Consultant ophthalmic surgeon
Cynthia Yu-Wai-Man is a consultant ophthalmic (eye) surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and senior clinical lecturer at King's College London.
She completed her surgical fellowship in glaucoma at Guy's and St Thomas'.
Cynthia leads the glaucoma and gene therapy lab at King's College London.
Education and training
- PhD in improving glaucoma surgery success rates, University College London, 2017
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (FRCOphth), 2013
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), Newcastle University
- Glaucoma surgery
- Gene therapy
- Clinical trials
Cynthia has published several peer-reviewed publications and has delivered lectures nationally and internationally.
- Clinician scientist fellowship (principle investigator), Medical Research Council, 2020 to 2024
- Project grant (co-investigator), Innovate UK, 2020 to 2022
- King's prize fellowship (principle investigator), 2019 to 2020
- MSc in developmental sciences studentships (principle investigator), Imperial College London, 2020
- London strategic greenshoots funding (principle investigator), National Institute for Health and Care Research Clinical Research Network, 2019 to 2020
- Project grant (co-investigator), Moorfields Eye Charity, 2017 to 2018
- Confidence-in-concept project grant (principle investigator), Medical Research Council, 2016 to 2017
- MSc in gene therapy studentship (co-investigator), University College London, 201
- International travel research grant (principle investigator),The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2016
- Fellowship in translational medicine (principle investigator), Eureka Institute for translational medicine, 2015
- Francis Crick Institute clinical research fellowship (principle investigator), National Institute for Health and Care Research and University College London Biomedical Research Centres, 2014 to 2017
- Best oral presentation prize, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, 2013
- Best research poster prize, International Ophthalmology Society, 2012
- Ivor Levy research prize, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, 2011
Email: [email protected]
- Glaucoma surgery
- Glaucoma laser
- Cataract surgery
Last updated: September 2022