Elodie Azan specialised in surgery and became a consultant at the internationally renowned Rothschild Ophthalmic Foundation in Paris, in their highly regarded Refractive and Anterior Surgery Department.
She moved to London in early 2010 and held posts at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Western Eye Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital.
Membership and diplomas (certifications):
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Université Paris VI (France) - 2007
- FOSP Fellowship in Ophthalmologic Surgery Paris, Paris (France) - 2007
- DEBO Diploma European Board of Ophthalmology, 2007
- FSO Member French Society of Ophthalmology, co-author of annual rport
- MESCRS Member European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- MACO Member American College of Ophthalmology
- MARVO Member Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Université Paris VI (France), 2007
- Fellowship in Ophthalmologic Surgery (FOSP), Paris (France), 2007
- Diploma European Board of Ophthalmology (DEBO), 2007
- Member French Society of Ophthalmology (FSO), co-author of annual report
- Member European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (MESCRS)
- Member American College of Ophthalmology (MACO)
- Member Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (MARVO)
- Assessment of corneal biomechanical properties in normal tension glaucoma and comparison with open-angle glaucoma, ocular hypertension, and normal eyes. Grise-Dulac A, Saad A, Abitbol O, Febbraro JL, Azan E, Moulin-Tyrode C, Gatinel D-J Glaucoma. 2012 Sep;21(7):486-9. doi: 10.1097/IJG.0b013e318220daf0.
- Biomechanical properties of keratoconus suspect eyes. Saad A, Lteif Y, Azan E, Gatinel D. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010 Jun;51(6):2912-6. doi: 10.1167/iovs.09-4304. Epub 2009 Dec 30.
- Cone dysfunction as a paraneoplastic syndrome associated with retinal antigens approximating 40 kiloDalton. Parc CE, Azan E, Bonnel S, Sahel JA, Kaplan J, Thirkill CE - Ophthalmic Genet. 2006 Jun;27(2):57-61.
- Participations in the publications of the anterior segment team at St Thomas Hospital
Email: [email protected]
- General ophthalmology
- Cataract surgery
Anterior segment surgery
Last updated: March 2023