Consultant clinical oncologist
Fiona Castell was appointed as a consultant at Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust in 2011. She qualified at Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School (University of London) and trained in clinical oncology at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital.
She has a special interest in medical law and ethics, completing a Masters in Healthcare Law and Ethics in 2011 at the University of Manchester, and sat on a Research Ethics committee in the past. She was appointed as the clinical lead for Ethics and Law at GSK Medical School in 2017.
She also actively teaches a range of healthcare professionals including on the King’s Mammography Screening course. She shares the breast cancer practice at King’s College Hospital with Dr Mark Nathan and leads the Acute Oncology service there.
She is senior clinical advisor for the south east London and Kent metastatic spinal cord compression service.
Education and training
- Masters (MA) in health care ethics and law (University of Manchester), 2011
- Clinical oncology training: pan-Thames SPR rotation (East London and Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust)
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST), June 2008
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologist (FRCR), 2005
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), 2000
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Charing Cross and Westminster Hospital (University Of London), 1996
- Bachelor of Science (BSc (Hon)) (Intercalated BSC in Biochemistry), 1993
Secretary: Shafia Khatun
Phone: 020 7188 4244
Email: [email protected]
- Breast cancer
- Acute oncology
- Metastatic spinal cord compression
- Medical ethics and law
Last updated: October 2022