Consultant neurologist, service lead for sleep disorders
Guy Leschziner sees people with:
- sleep disorders
- general neurology conditions
He is clinical lead for the sleep disorders centre, and has an active interest in public engagement.
Education and training
After qualifying from Oxford and Imperial College, Guy completed basic medical training at Guy's and St Thomas'.
He undertook a PhD at Imperial College London and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Cambridge, in the genetics of epilepsy.
He completed higher training in neurology at Charing Cross Hospital, Guy's and St Thomas', and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square.
- Nocturnal seizures
- Genetics of sleep and epilepsy
- Neurocutaneous syndromes
- Ellison-Cliffe Medal, Royal Society of Medicine, 2019
- Top Teachers Award 2009/2010, University College London
- Brain neurology entry/exit scholarship, 2005-2006
- Dudley Phillips Memorial Prize for Research, University of London, 1998
Neurology secretary: 020 7188 7188 extension 54562
Sleep secretary: 020 7188 8937
- Neurological sleep disorders including:
- nocturnal seizures
- Kleine-Levin Syndrome
- restless legs syndrome
- movement disorders of sleep
Last updated: January 2023