Sleep disorders centre
Our sleep disorders centre provides a service for a range of sleep disorders including:
- sleep apnoea
- restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder
- unwanted behaviours at night (parasomnias), such as:
- REM sleep behaviour disorder
- nightmare disorder
- nocturnal epilepsy
- causes of extreme sleepiness, such as:
- circadian rhythm disorders (difficulty falling asleep, waking up during the sleep cycle or waking up too early and being unable to fall back to sleep)
We're one of the leading sleep services in the UK. We were the first NHS trust to use a pioneering implant device to treat severe sleep apnoea.
Our team includes:
- respiratory doctors
If you're having an overnight sleep study, this will take place at our sleep disorders centre ward.
You may find these websites helpful:
- British Lung Foundation website, information about obstructive sleep apnoea
- ResMed, information about continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices
Laura Perez Carbonell
Research and clinical trials
Research is vital to improving the care that you receive when you're unwell. You can help improve healthcare by taking part in research studies at our Trust. During your appointment, ask your healthcare professional about research. They'll be happy to tell you about research studies you could be eligible to join.