Ian White has been a chairman of national and international organisations about adverse skin reactions, including:
- the British Contact Dermatitis Group
- European Society for Contact Dermatitis
- European Environmental and Contact Dermatitis Research Group
- the Scientific Committee for Consumer Safety at the European Commission
He has extensive experience with health problems related to exposures to harmful chemical substances.
He has close professional associations with colleagues in Europe and other countries, and is aware of emerging health problems caused by exposures to chemical substances.
He was the editor-in-chief of the international journal Contact Dermatitis.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FFOM)
- Training in occupational medicine at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Chartered chemist and appointed Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (CChem, FRSC)
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP)
- Dermatology training at Guy's Hospital and the St John's Hospital for diseases of the skin
- Undergraduate training at Guy's Hospital Medical School (University of London) and general medical training at Guy's Hospital
Ian has conducted international and multidisciplinary studies about contact allergies to consumer allergens, supported by EU awards.
Most of his research is about:
- adverse effects
- investigating new allergens
- controlling existing allergens
He has 380 published works and has written scientific reports and risk assessments for the European Commission.
Phone: 020 7188 6272
Email: [email protected]
- Cutaneous allergy
- Contact dermatitis
Last updated: September 2022