Professor of respiratory and sleep medicine
Joerg Steier is as consultant in respiratory and sleep medicine. He works at the Lane Fox respiratory service and the sleep disorders centre.
He is also professor of respiratory and sleep medicine at King’s College London.
Joerg's work within the field of respiratory and sleep physiology has evolved into research and academic collaborations across 5 continents. He was awarded a chair of respiratory and sleep medicine at King's College London.
- committee member of the British Thoracic Society
- task force member of the European Respiratory Society
- honorary secretary of the British Sleep Society
Education and training
- Certificate of completion of specialist training (CCST) in respiratory medicine
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians London
- PhD in sleep-disordered breathing and the respiratory muscles, King's College London
- MD(D) in transthoracic echocardiography in pulmonary hypertension, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Respiratory physiology
- Sleep-disordered breathing
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
- Non-CPAP therapy and electrical stimulation of the upper airway dilator muscles
Last updated: December 2022