Consultant medical and neuro-ophthalmologist
Jonathan Virgo is a consultant in the eye service at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
Jonathan has lead the biologics service at Guy's and St Thomas' since 2018. He has also written Moorfields guidelines on immunosuppressive therapy.
Jonathan is a member of:
- the UK Neuro-ophthalmology Society (UKNOS)
- Medical Ophthalmology Society UK
He is on the committee for UKNOS as industry liaison officer.
Education and training
- Post-certificate of completion training (CCT) Fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital, 2019
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, 2019
- Medical ophthalmology speciality registrar training, St Thomas' Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital, 2014 to 2019
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, 2013
- Clinical neurology MSc, University College London, 2012
- Medicine and surgery (MBBS), Brighton and Sussex Medical School, 2009
- Genetics BSc, University of Nottingham, 2004
- Clinical trials
Email: [email protected]
- Inflammatory eye disease, including uveitis
- Immunosuppression, including biologic therapy
Last updated: March 2023