Consultant medical and neuro-ophthalmologist
Jonathan Virgo is a consultant in the Medical Eye Unit (MEU) at St Thomas' Hospital. His expertise is in managing ocular inflammatory disease and immunosuppression, including biologic therapy.
Jonathan has lead the MEU biologics service since 2018. He has also written the latest Moorfields guidelines on immunosuppressive therapy.
Jonathan is a member of the UK Neuro-ophthalmology Society (UKNOS) and Medical Ophthalmology Society UK. He is on the committee for UKNOS as industry liaison officer.
Education and training
Post-CCT Fellowship in Neuro-ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital (2019)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (2019)
- Medical ophthalmology speciality registrar training, St Thomas' Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital (2014-2019)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (2013)
- Clinical Neurology Master of Science, UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square (2011-2012)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Brighton and Sussex Medical School (2004-2009)
- Genetics Bachelor of Science, Nottingham University, Institute of Genetics (2001-2004)
- Clinical trials
Tel: 020 7188 4310
Email: [email protected]
Immunosuppressive therapy, including biologic agents
Last updated: April 2022